Tape and Label Adhesives
Cattie Adhesives manufactures a Full Line of Tape and Label Adhesives including Hot Melts, Water-Based Adhesives and Coatings for High Speed Container and Bottle Labeling applications. Our tape and label adhesives meet the needs of even the most demanding and challenging applications.
Our Hot melts and Water based Pressure Sensitive Adhesives are used for all types of Tape and Labeling requirements and can be custom formulated to meet specific application requirements for Color, Bond strength, Heat and Cold resistance and other performance standards.
All of our Tape and Container Labeling Adhesives for the food & beverage industry meet the requirements of the FDA Adhesives regulation: 21CFR175.105 Indirect Food Additives.
Our Tape and Label adhesive products are used extensively across many industries and for many adhesive applications. From construction tape adhesives and masking tape adhesives to Freezer label adhesives and Removable or Repositionable label adhesives, our adhesives are flexible and versatile.
Whether you need an off-the-shelf product for tape or label applications or a customized adhesive – We work with you every step of the the way to supply the best products for your applications.
Our Hot Melts and Water based labeling adhesives can be made “Water-White” Clear and are formulated to provide excellent adhesion to all types of substrates including difficult to bond Foils, Films, Metallized papers and UV coated papers.
Our Tape and labeling adhesives can be formulated for Both Pressure Sensitive Hot Melt applications and water-based labeling adhesive applications.
Our Label adhesive products offer excellent machining and superior bonding to all types of containers – including returnable bottles that need outstanding water, moisture/ice resistance to Low Energy Surfaces including PET, PP, or treated PE.
Glass Bottle Labeling Adhesives:
- Water-based, Casein/Zinc Free.
- Excellent Clean-ability.
- Ice-Proof bottle labels.
- Moisture and Water Resistant.
- Over 6 months of shelf life.
- Excellent Temperature & Viscosity Stability.
- Use About 20% Less Adhesive vs. other brands.
Metal Container Labeling Adhesives:
- Water-based and Hot Melt adhesive.
- Lap Paste for Metal Cans.
- Paper Labels on wrap around label applications.
- Excellent Clean-ability.
- Hot Fill, Cold Fill Labeling.
Plastic Bottle and Container Labeling Adhesives:
- Pressure Sensitive Hot Melts and Water-based Adhesive Labeling.
- Clear, Excellent Run-ability, Clean Machining.
- Strong bonds to Metallized Paper, BOPP, PET, HDPE, LDPE.
- High Speed Labeling of Carbonated /Non-Carbonated Beverages.
- Automatic non-contact hot melt dots application system.
- PS Hot melt for Label “Pick Up” systems that use hot melt pick up wheel.
- Hot Fill, Cold Fill Paper/Plastic Labeling.
- Great for Wheel and Spray applications.
- Used on Roll Fed and Cut and Stack type equipment.
All of our Tape and Label Adhesives can be formulated to have “No VOCs” and can be Formulated to be FDA Compliant for Indirect Food Contact to meet the requirements of the FDA Adhesives regulation: 21CFR175.105 Indirect Food Additives.
Our Label Adhesive products are widely used for these applications:
- Glass Bottles – Highly Coated Glass.
- Plastic Bottles – PET, Treated/Untreated HDPE and PP.
- Beer bottles – Returnable and Non-Returnable.
- Wine, Champagne and Spirits Bottles.
- Frozen Food Container Labeling.
- Cold Wet Filled Bottle Labeling.
- Hot Filled – Bottle Labeling.
- Food, Condiments, Sauces, Preserves Labeling.
- High Speed Labeling of Detergents and Chemicals.
Labeling Adhesives for the following types of machines:
KETTNER, KRONES, P.E., KRIS TECH, SIDEL, ACCRAPLY, AUTOLABE, AVERY, B & H, BURT, CCL, CVC, DIAGRAPH, FASSON, HARLAND, HERMA, KRONES, LABEL-AIRE, LABELETTE, LANGGUTH, LSI, MARSH, MATEER BURT, NEW JERSEY, NEW WAY PACKAGING, NEWMAN, NJM, PDC, QUADREL, STANDARD KNAPP, TRINE, TRONICS, VERSAPPLY, WILLETT and OTHERS.
Our Tape Adhesive products are widely used for these applications:
- Expanded Polymer Tapes including: polyurethane, PVC, Polyethylene based foam tapes.
- Removable tape and label adhesive for filmic and paper facestocks.
- Tape and Label adhesive with excellent water resistance and good adhesion to a wide variety of substrates.
- Thermal Tape and label applications.
- Dry Bond Laminations.
- Freezer Grade Tape and Labels.
- Re-pulpable paper Tapes and Labels.
- Specialty Tape and Labels. ie: Dynamite Tape.
Below are some of our most common types of Tape and Label Adhesive Products – for more information on our Full Line of products, please contact us.
# 8-258 – Coater-ready pressure sensitive acrylic adhesive. Suggested Uses • Re-pulpable paper labels and tapes. Characteristics • High peel and moderate shear performance • Protect coated substrates from exposure to moisture and humidity. • Adhesion properties will change over time. • Product not suitable for acid-free paper stock. 48% Solids, 1500-3000cps, Clear.
# 8-267 – Coater-ready pressure sensitive acrylic adhesive. Suggested Uses • Freezer grade label adhesive. Characteristics • Excellent die-cutting properties • Good adhesion to a variety of surfaces. For Sample Preparation, Coating Thickness: 20 μm/dry; .80 mils; 12.28lbs/ ream. 57% Solids,600-1000cps, Clear.
# 8-283 – Coater-ready acrylic pressure sensitive emulsion. Suggested Use • Dry-bond laminations. Characteristics • Adheres to a variety of substrates. • Exhibits superior performance against plasticizer migration. 60% Solids, 650-700cps, White.
# 8-418 – General purpose all-temperature pressure sensitive acrylic adhesive. Suggested Uses • Economic labels needing moderate peel and shear strength to a variety of substrates. Characteristics • Economical, clean die-cutting. • Excellent adhesion to cold corrugated surfaces. For Sample Preparation Coating Thickness: 20 μm/dry; .80 mils; 12.28lbs/ ream. 59% Solids, 300-550cps, Clear.
# 8-446 – Label adhesive with excellent water resistance • Good adhesion to a wide variety of substrates • Suitable for thermal label applications Characteristics • High shear performance with clean die-cut properties • Excellent adhesion to a wide variety of substrates under a broad range of temperatures. Sample Preparation Coating Thickness: 20 μm/dry; .80 mils; 12.28lbs/ ream. 57% Solids, 1000-1300cps, Clear.
# 8-514 – Pressure sensitive adhesive designed for use on expanded polymer foam tape. Suggested Uses • Expanded polymer tapes including polyurethane, PVC and polyethylene based foam tapes. Characteristics • High performance PSA for use on foam tape. • High tack and peel adhesion on various substrates. • Good heat resistance. • APEO Free Product. For Sample Preparation Substrate: 6mm Polyurethane Foam. Coating Thickness: 70 μm/dry; Dry Condition: 100°C x 3 min. 58% Solids, 5000-13000cps, Clear.
# 8-566 – Coater-ready- Two-part pressure sensitive acrylic adhesive specifically designed for Removable applications. Suggested Uses • Removable tape and label adhesive for filmic and paper facestocks. Characteristics • Excellent adhesion to a variety of substrates. For Sample Preparation • Paper facestock .79 in (dry)/23°C/ 65% RH x 7 days/ Hardener A-3 @ 1% (Part II) • When # 8-566 is used with a 1% addition of A-3, the pot life will be approximately 8 hours. 50% Solids, 1200-1800cps, Clear.
# 8641 – Pressure sensitive acrylic adhesive specifically designed for Label applications. Suggested Uses • Label adhesive with excellent clarity • Excellent water resistance • Good adhesion to a wide variety of substrates Characteristics • Excellent adhesion to Glass, Plastics and many Low Surface Energy Substrates. 48 – 52% Solids, 50,000 – 70,000cps, Clear.
# 8-678 – Coater-ready pressure sensitive acrylic adhesive specifically designed for Film Label applications. Suggested Uses • Label adhesive with excellent clarity • Excellent water resistance • Good adhesion to a wide variety of substrates Characteristics • Excellent adhesion to Glass and many Low Surface Energy Substrates. For Sample Preparation Coating Thickness: 20 μm/dry; .80 mils; 12.28lbs/ ream. 51% Solids, 1000-2000cps, Clear.
# 8-926 – Coater-ready, High Solids, pressure sensitive acrylic emulsion. Suggested Uses • Filmic labels • Characteristics • Superior shear properties. • Exceptional water resistance. • Excellent Plasticizer Migration Resistance. For Sample Preparation Coating Thickness: 20 μm/dry; .80 mils; 12.28lbs/ ream. 61% Solids, 2000-3000cps, Clear.
# 8-934 – Coater-ready, High Solids, pressure sensitive acrylic emulsion. Suggested Uses • Film Laminating Adhesives and used in Formulating base for pressure sensitive. Characteristics • Balanced tack and shear properties • Displays non-blush characteristics when properly coated • Good plasticizer migration and alkali resistance • APEO Free Product. 70% Solids, 4000-7000cps, Clear.
* All of our Tape and Label Adhesives can be custom formulated for various degrees of water, heat, cold and plastisizer migration Resistance-depending on the substrate and final use requirements. Tape and Label adhesives can be applied by conventional dispersion coating equipment, or by specialty hot melt application equipment. The adhesives are easy to handle, and safe to apply.
For more detailed information on our complete line of products, to speak with a technical representative about your application, and to request samples, please call us at 1-800-249-0337 or email us at email@example.com