Cattie Adhesives – Extrusion Adhesives
Cattie Adhesives manufactures a Full Line of water based Extrusion Adhesives for Paper and Corrugated Board Packaging and many other industrial Packaging, Paper Converting and Product Assembly Applications.
Our Extrusion Adhesives can be formulated at any Viscosity for use on a variety of porous and non-porous substrates – Including:
UV Coated, Clay Coated and SBS Papers, Boards, Films, Foils, Woods, Plastics, Corrugated material, Coated board and Vinyl.
Our Extrusion Adhesives are 100% water-based with No VOCs and formulated to be FDA Compliant for Direct and Indirect Food Contact.
Our water based Extrusion Adhesives meet FDA regulation 21 CFR 176.170 & 176.180, are BfR compliant, and good for use on direct food contact applications. Our Extrusion Adhesive products have passed the Fiber Box Association’s protocol for recyclability.
WHY USE EXTRUSION ADHESIVES ? Instead of ” Glue Pot” “Wheel” or ” Bottom Pot” Adhesive.
- Reduce your adhesive usage.
- Increase throughput and minimize waste.
- Less maintenance than glue pot systems.
- Lower cost for replacement parts.
- Run at maximum machine speeds without glue slinging.
- Control the exact amount of glue applied at any machine speed.
Our Extrusion Adhesive products offer:
- No filter clogs.
- Minimal nozzle build-up, to prevent irregular glue patterns and nozzle clogs.
- Clean application without splashing.
- Excellent startup, even after extended machine stops.
- Fast set speeds to prevent problems with automated packing stations at the end of compression belt.
- Fast tack build-up to allow for high stress loads to the bonding area without causing fish-tails.
- Our Extrusion Adhesives can be supplied blue or pink in color or with built-in UV detection material.
Our Extrusion Adhesives are widely used for these applications:
Below are some of our most common types of Extrusion Adhesives for Paper and Corrugated Board Products:
# 8272 – Extrusion Adhesive, Designed for difficult and coated substrates, Fast Set, Clean machining, good water resistance. Meets FDA regulation 21 CFR 176.170 & 176.180, good for use on direct food contact applications. Suitable for most coated & non-coated papers and boards.
# 8281 – Extrusion Adhesive, For difficult substrates, Fast Set, Clean machining. Good for use on direct food contact applications. Suitable for most coated & non-coated papers and boards.
# 8283 – Extrusion Adhesive, For difficult substrates, Fast Set, Clean machining, can be made at any viscosity. Adhesive good for use on direct food contact applications. Suitable for most coated & non-coated papers and boards.
* All of our Extrusion Adhesives can be custom formulated depending on the substrate and final use requirements.
Cattie Adhesives has developed a new generation of Extrusion Adhesives for high speed extrusion equipment. Our water based Extrusion Adhesives are widely used in the Folding Carton, Corrugated and Solid Board Manufacturing Industry.
Increased machine speeds require new and higher quality raw materials to ensure high quality products are produced. Improvements have been made in the manufacturing process of corrugated and solid boards, to include a transition from traditional wheel applicators to precision Extrusion Adhesive systems.
Extrusion Adhesive systems have enabled OEM companies like; HHS, Martin, Isowa, Bobst, Heidelberg, Vega and many others, to manufacture carton packaging materials at much higher speeds.
In close co-operation with OEMs, application machinery manufacturers and end-users, we have been able to overcome the classic extrusion adhesive problems and we introduced a new generation of dispersion formulations for the most demanding extrusion gluing applications.
Extrusion Adhesives for the following types of machines:
B&R MOLL FOLDER-GLUER, BAUMER HHS, BOBST, HEIDELBERG, HHS, ISOWA, MARTIN, MB, MBO, MOLL, VEGA and OTHERS.
For more detailed information on our complete line of products, to speak with a technical representative about your application, and to request samples, please call us at 1-800-249-0337 or email us at email@example.com