Cattie Adhesives – Extrusion Adhesives
Cattie Adhesives manufactures a Full Line of water-based Extrusion Adhesives for Paper and Corrugated Board Packaging and many other industrial Packaging, Paper Converting and Product Assembly Applications.
Our Adhesives can be formulated at any Viscosity for use on a variety of porous and non-porous substrates – Including:
UV Coated, Clay Coated and SBS Papers, Boards, Films, Foils, Woods, Plastics, Corrugated material, Coated board and Vinyl.
Our Adhesives are 100% water-based with No VOCs and formulated to be FDA Compliant for Direct and Indirect Food Contact.
Our Adhesives meet FDA regulation 21 CFR 176.170 & 176.180, are BfR compliant, and good for use on direct food contact applications. Our Adhesive products have passed the Fiber Box Association’s protocol for recyclability.
WHY USE EXTRUSION ADHESIVES ?
Instead of ” Glue Pot” “Wheel” or ” Bottom Pot” Adhesive.
Reduce your adhesive usage.
Increase throughput and minimize waste.
Less maintenance than glue pot systems.
Lower cost for replacement parts.
Run at maximum machine speeds without glue slinging.
Control the exact amount of glue applied at any machine speed.
Our Extrusion Adhesives offer:
- No filter clogs.
- Minimal nozzle build-up, to prevent irregular glue patterns and nozzle clogs.
- Clean application without splashing.
- Excellent startup, even after extended machine stops.
- Fast set speeds to prevent problems with automated packing stations at the end of compression belt.
- Fast tack build-up to allow for high stress loads to the bonding area without causing fish-tails.
- Our Extrusion Adhesives can be supplied blue or pink in color or with built-in UV detection material.
Our Adhesives are widely used for these applications:
Below are some of our most common types of Adhesives for Paper and Corrugated Board Products:
# 8272 – Adhesive, Designed for difficult and coated substrates, Fast Set, Clean machining, good water resistance. Meets FDA regulation 21 CFR 176.170 & 176.180, good for use on direct food contact applications. Suitable for most coated & non-coated papers and boards.
# 8281 – Adhesive, For difficult substrates, Fast Set, Clean machining. Good for use on direct food contact applications. Suitable for most coated & non-coated papers and boards.
# 8283 – Extrusion Adhesive, For difficult substrates, Fast Set, Clean machining, can be made at any viscosity. Adhesive good for use on direct food contact applications. Suitable for most coated & non-coated papers and boards.
* All of our Adhesives can be custom formulated depending on the substrate and final use requirements.
Cattie Adhesives has developed a new generation of Adhesives for high speed extrusion equipment. Our water based Extrusion Adhesive is widely used in the Folding Carton, Corrugated and Solid Board Manufacturing Industry.
Increased machine speeds require new and higher quality raw materials to ensure high quality products are produced. Improvements have been made in the manufacturing process of corrugated and solid boards, to include a transition from traditional wheel applicators to precision Extrusion Adhesive systems.
Extrusion Adhesive systems have enabled OEM companies like; HHS, Martin, Isowa, Bobst, Heidelberg, Vega and many others, to manufacture carton packaging materials at much higher speeds.
In close co-operation with OEMs, application machinery manufacturers and end-users, we have been able to overcome the classic extrusion adhesive problems and we introduced a new generation of dispersion formulations for the most demanding extrusion gluing applications.
Extrusion Adhesive for the following types of machines:
B&R MOLL FOLDER-GLUER, BAUMER HHS, BOBST, HEIDELBERG, HHS, ISOWA, MARTIN, MB, MBO, MOLL, VEGA and OTHERS.
Cattie Adhesives offers a wide range of extrusion adhesives for various industrial applications. Extrusion adhesives are used to bond two surfaces together using a continuous process of extruding the adhesive onto one of the surfaces while the other surface is fed through the nip point of the rollers.
Our extrusion adhesives provide a strong bond, high temperature resistance, and excellent bonding to a variety of substrates, including paper, cardboard, plastics, metals, and more. We offer both hot melt and water-based extrusion adhesives, allowing our customers to choose the adhesive that best fits their needs.
Hot Melt Extrusion Adhesives
Our hot melt extrusion adhesives are designed for a variety of applications, including case and carton sealing, packaging, bookbinding, and more. These adhesives are easy to apply and have a fast set time, making them ideal for high-speed production environments.
We offer a range of hot melt extrusion adhesives, including:
- EVA (ethylene vinyl acetate) adhesives, which offer excellent adhesion to a variety of substrates and are often used in the packaging industry.
- Metallocene adhesives, which offer superior thermal stability and bonding strength, making them ideal for high-temperature applications.
- Pressure-sensitive adhesives, which provide an instant bond and can be used in a variety of applications, including labeling and tape manufacturing.
Water-Based Extrusion Adhesives
Our water-based extrusion adhesives are environmentally friendly and offer excellent bonding to a variety of substrates, including paper, cardboard, and plastics. These adhesives are easy to clean up and have low VOC emissions, making them ideal for use in industries with strict environmental regulations.
We offer a range of water-based extrusion adhesives, including:
- Acrylic adhesives, which provide excellent adhesion to a variety of substrates and are often used in the packaging and woodworking industries.
- Polyurethane adhesives, which offer excellent bonding strength and are often used in the automotive and construction industries.
- Vinyl acetate adhesives, which offer good adhesion to paper and cardboard and are often used in the packaging industry.
Custom Extrusion Adhesives
At Cattie Adhesives, we understand that every application is unique. That’s why we offer custom extrusion adhesives that are tailored to our customers’ specific needs. Our team of experts will work with you to develop an adhesive that provides the perfect balance of bonding strength, temperature resistance, and other properties that are important for your application.
Contact Us Today
If you’re looking for a reliable supplier of extrusion adhesives, look no further than Cattie Adhesives. With over 40 years of experience in the adhesive industry, we have the knowledge and expertise to help you find the perfect adhesive for your application.
Contact us to learn more about our extrusion adhesives and how we can help you improve your production process.
For more detailed information on our complete line of products, to speak with a technical representative about your application, and to request samples, please call us at 1-800-249-0337 or email us at [email protected]